Dispatch or transport of goods between the EU and the united kingdom where it started before the end of the transition period but ended thereafter.
- The dispatch or transport of goods from the United Kingdom to the territory of a Member State (or vice versa) may start before the end of the transition period but end after that transition period, whereby the goods arrive at the EU border (or respectively the UK border) after the transition period.
- According to Withdrawal Agreement, these transactions will still be considered for VAT purposes as intra-EU transactions (intra-EU supplies and acquisitions of goods, or B2C supplies of goods taxable in the country of destination (distance sales of goods) or of origin) and not as exports/imports.
- After the end of the transition period, those ongoing movements of goods will, however, have to be presented to customs at the border of the EU and of the United Kingdom.
- Customs authorities may request the importer to prove, by means of a transport document, that the dispatch or transport started before the end of the transition period.
- The reporting obligations related to these transactions provided for in the VAT Directive such as the submission of recapitulative statements will still apply.
Fiduciary Tucci & Partners Service Spotlight:
Sustainable Success Through Accounting
For companies focused on executing and improving their core product or service, accounting can be a nuisance. Not only does expert bookkeeping and reporting prevent future crises, but it can actually improve your finances.
After analyzing your financial situation, we build a sustainable strategy to optimize your business. Our accounting services include bookkeeping, reporting, balance-sheet forecasts, financial viability studies and budget preparation.
Companies also come to Fiduciary Tucci & Partners for license applications, business plan creation and overall company setup. We do not just help an organization make sense of its financial situation, we turn it into a source of strength.
Share your goals with us & ask how we can help you get there. Questions about trends, regulations & requirements? Curious about Luxembourg? Fiduciary Tucci & Partners can help answer your queries & find solutions.